“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.”
– Ansel Adams
Say cheese in style as you tie the knot. Pictures are more than just a moment frozen in time, they are the safekeeping of feelings, the sharpening of senses, the appreciation and worship of beauty. Make sure you put in the right amount of effort into yours for your wedding with these ideas for props for photo booths.
- A few simple things such as this wooden box frame and metallic rings, when assembled together, and brought to life with flora, can act as a creative DIY prop for your snaps.
- Colors are the easiest way to perk things up, to show the youthful, fun side of things. Colors, in flowers, in artificial decorative items, etc, are a prop by themselves. Add to your photo booth a vintage vehicle in a pop color or an umbrella or parasol in kaleidoscopic prints for an instant effervescent touch.
- A beautiful white carriage with marigolds and drapes curled around it speaks royalty. This prop makes things both traditional and interesting. Standees or signboards mounted on easels can also be easily made to fit the theme of the marriage decorations.
- You are the star of your wedding, the protagonist of this story. Own it by using your initials as props and branding every photograph with a piece of yourself. Emblems or monograms, carved or lit up, decorated with flowers or glitter or other trinkets, this is the best way to add a personal touch to the pictures. Oh, and don’t forget the ornate candelabras!
- Look closely, pay attention. Beauty is sprawled all around you. You don’t have to dig for it, it’s already there, waiting to be seen. Use the already present structures such as fountains and statues in your outdoor wedding venue as props in your pictures. They are usually aesthetically pleasing on their own. But you can always add a few more embellishments to have it fit in with your wedding decoration theme.
- Get creative! Let your imagination loose! Wooden caskets, funky letter monograms are trendy props to use for your snaps. Place them in front of natural foliage and add a few lights and blossoms and voila! A stunning, cool photo booth is ready.
- Be liberal with colors, as well as artistic in your wedding decor. Multicolored paper fans and other origami pieces, painted wooden boxes and flasks can all be employed to breathe more life into your photos.
- Marigolds are signature Indian wedding flowers, and an auto is an essential component of the desi lifestyle. Club the two together and you have a quirky prop ready for some fun and exciting pictures.
- Banners or chalkboards with touching quotes, puns, one-liners and messages are another way to personalize the setup for your wedding pictures. This can be turned into a fun activity including all your guests by having them write something themselves. The interactive session will lead to better bonding and double the enjoyment, as well as variation in the decor for the snapshots. Birdcages adorned with flowers have their own quaint charm as props too.
- Flowers are your best friends! Take the word of the best flower decorators for it. Colossal floral wreaths, shaped any way, like a heart in the image below, will fill up space beautifully and look elegant and dreamy. Lanterns, candles, mason jars, crystals, fairy lights are all props if incorporated right into the setting.
And most importantly, wear a smile. That is indubitably the ultimate prop for any picture- to look your natural, beautiful, glowing, happy self!